The Start of 2019

10 Jan

It’s been a busy start to the New Year. It’s only the 10th January but I have the feeling that I have done more in the last 10 days than I did in the whole of December. Which is hardly surprising because my main activities last month were eating and drinking.

Although we had a few smatterings of snow in December, the snow is finally coming down. Perhaps my increased productivity is due to this weather. I don’t feel like going outside so I have been busy doing activities indoors.

Here is a list of what I have done in the past 10 days.

• Stopped eating and drinking as much as I was doing over Christmas in an attempt to lose the weight that I’ve put on;
  • Read 5 books (and I’ve almost finished number 6);
  • Collected and built a wardrobe that I had ordered;
  • Tried some new recipes in the kitchen;
  • Had a haircut;
  • Packed away all of the Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree – and the corner in the living room still looks empty without it;
  • Bought a new TV – our old one decided to give up the ghost on the 5th;
  • Started work for preparations for lauching my own travel website later in the year;
  • Started learning some coding in Excel;
  • Sorted out some clothes and other things to be taken to the recycling centre or to donate;
  • Went swimming for the first time in as long as I can remember;
  • Had a couple of lunch dates with friends;
  • Begun editing a short story that I wrote last year.

Bearing in mind that we were on holiday in Belgium until 3rd January I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself.

If the snow keeps falling and I remain inside, I think this month could be the most productive one on record! I hope you’ve also had a good and productive start to 2019.

6 Responses to “The Start of 2019”

1. Confuzzled Bev January 10, 2019 at 4:55 pm #

You’ve read more books than me! I’ve just started number 5. Stupid work getting in the way of my reading time ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ourgirlinzurich January 12, 2019 at 5:46 am #

Iโ€™m now at the stage where I wish I had a job to go to. Reading is the only thing keeping me sane. Iโ€™ve just started reading Gone with the Wind which is looooong so Iโ€™m sure my reading rate will plummet! ๐Ÿ˜

• Confuzzled Bev January 12, 2019 at 9:45 am #

I’ve read Gone With the Wind twice. I hope you enjoy it!

• ourgirlinzurich January 12, 2019 at 9:50 am #

Enjoying it so far! I really want to be Scarlet Oโ€™Hara! Sheโ€™s so feisty!

2. Chomeuse with a Chou January 10, 2019 at 5:57 pm #

Wow! I haven’t even managed to get the boxes of Christmas decorations back into the loft yet, despite packing up before new year’s eve. Good luck with the travel website!

• ourgirlinzurich January 12, 2019 at 5:46 am #

Thank you! Iโ€™ll let you know when the website goes live but it will be a while yet!