The Start of 2019

10 Jan

It’s been a busy start to the New Year. It’s only the 10th January but I have the feeling that I have done more in the last 10 days than I did in the whole of December. Which is hardly surprising because my main activities last month were eating and drinking.

Although we had a few smatterings of snow in December, the snow is finally coming down. Perhaps my increased productivity is due to this weather. I don’t feel like going outside so I have been busy doing activities indoors.

Here is a list of what I have done in the past 10 days.

• Stopped eating and drinking as much as I was doing over Christmas in an attempt to lose the weight that I’ve put on;
  • Read 5 books (and I’ve almost finished number 6);
  • Collected and built a wardrobe that I had ordered;
  • Tried some new recipes in the kitchen;
  • Had a haircut;
  • Packed away all of the Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree – and the corner in the living room still looks empty without it;
  • Bought a new TV – our old one decided to give up the ghost on the 5th;
  • Started work for preparations for lauching my own travel website later in the year;
  • Started learning some coding in Excel;
  • Sorted out some clothes and other things to be taken to the recycling centre or to donate;
  • Went swimming for the first time in as long as I can remember;
  • Had a couple of lunch dates with friends;
  • Begun editing a short story that I wrote last year.

Bearing in mind that we were on holiday in Belgium until 3rd January I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself.

If the snow keeps falling and I remain inside, I think this month could be the most productive one on record! I hope you’ve also had a good and productive start to 2019.

6 Responses to “The Start of 2019”

1. Confuzzled Bev January 10, 2019 at 4:55 pm #

You’ve read more books than me! I’ve just started number 5. Stupid work getting in the way of my reading time 😉

• ourgirlinzurich January 12, 2019 at 5:46 am #

I’m now at the stage where I wish I had a job to go to. Reading is the only thing keeping me sane. I’ve just started reading Gone with the Wind which is looooong so I’m sure my reading rate will plummet! 😁

• Confuzzled Bev January 12, 2019 at 9:45 am #

I’ve read Gone With the Wind twice. I hope you enjoy it!

• ourgirlinzurich January 12, 2019 at 9:50 am #

Enjoying it so far! I really want to be Scarlet O’Hara! She’s so feisty!

2. Chomeuse with a Chou January 10, 2019 at 5:57 pm #

Wow! I haven’t even managed to get the boxes of Christmas decorations back into the loft yet, despite packing up before new year’s eve. Good luck with the travel website!

• ourgirlinzurich January 12, 2019 at 5:46 am #

Thank you! I’ll let you know when the website goes live but it will be a while yet!